On September 18 - 20, STRATUS attended Discover Global Markets: U.S Manufacturers to Europe & Beyond.
Discover Global Markets is the U.S. Department of Commerce’s flagship event series for U.S. exporters.
At Each Discover Global Markets Conference businesses have the opportunity to:
- Meet one-on-one with U.S. Commercial Diplomats visiting from abroad;
- Participate in panel discussions on the latest industry trends;
- Identify new and emerging markets of opportunity ahead of your competition;
- Learn about U.S. export programs designed to cut your time to market; and
- Network with U.S. trade officials, leading private sector experts and like-minded U.S. businesses active in overseas markets.
During this valuable conference, STRATUS had the opportunity to meet with U.S. Commercial Diplomats from Romania, Sweden, Mexico, Germany, and the UE.
Conversations included how to do business in those countries, market evaluations, and connecting clients with potential business partners in those countries.
In addition, there was an agenda packed with presentations from U.S. trade officials and global businesses on everything from "Exporting 101" to procurement processes for specific businesses.
The opportunity for our President/CEO to participate in this conference was made possible by funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Initiative as administered by the Texas Department of Agriculture.
The State Trade and Export Promotion Grant Program (STEP) is a 3-year pilot trade and export initiative to make matching-fund grants for states to assist “eligible small business concerns,” enter and succeed in the international marketplace. Services under the STEP Program are funded in part by SBA, but are provided to eligible small business concerns – or “STEP Clients” - by STEP grant recipients located in most states and territories, and the District of Columbia.